In Pokémon Sword & Shield, players can travel around the Galar region and find Pokémon to catch and catalog in the Pokédex. While some fan favorites, like Igglybuff, are so rare they need to be bred for, or Hydreigon, which can only appear by evolving its pre-evolution form, others can simply be found and caught in the wild at various locations and in various weather conditions. One such Pokémon is Diggersby, a common Normal and Ground-type digging Pokémon.
Diggersby looks like a rabbit, but it has fists at the ends of both floppy ears. It is the final evolution of Bunnelby, a sweet-looking rabbit available even more commonly than its evolution. Diggersby is one of the more common Pokémon players will find, provided certain weather conditions are met. Here’s how to find and catch Diggersby or evolve one from Bunnelby in Pokémon Sword & Shield.
Players can find Diggersby outside the overworld in several different locations, though each location has a different spawn chance. Diggersby will spawn in multiple weather conditions, depending on the location. The locations and specific conditions are:
- Axew’s Eye: Not in the overworld, available at levels 35-40 in Normal weather (30% chance), or when it’s Overcast, Raining, Thunderstorm, Intense Sun, Snowing, or Heavy Fog (20% chance each), or in Snowstorms or Sandstorms (10% chance each).
- Giant’s Seat: Not in the overworld, available at levels 30-35 in Normal weather (20% chance) or at levels 14-16 in Normal weather (10% chance).
- Bridge Field: Not in the overworld, available at levels 26-28 when it is Overcast (20% chance).
- Giant’s Mirror: Not in the overworld, available at levels 26-28 during a Sandstorm (30% chance).
- Giant’s Cap: In the overworld, available at levels 28-30 during Intense Sun or Sandstorms (35% chance each).
- West Lake Axewell: During Intense Sun, Snowstorms, Sandstorms, and when it is Snowing.
Players can also find Bunnelby instead and evolve it into Diggersby. Bunnelby can most commonly be found in the Rolling Fields in any kind of weather, starting at Level 7. The best chance to find them is in the overworld when it is overcast. In these conditions, they have a 60% spawn chance.
Catching Diggersby is also not too difficult. Because Diggersby is a Normal and Ground-type, they are weak to Fighting, Water, Grass, and Ice-type Pokémon and moves. The easiest way to catch a Pokémon like Diggersby is to use False Swipe to lower its HP to around 1. Then, the player should easily be able to catch it with a normal Poké Ball, though they can also use a more sophisticated one to better ensure the catch.
If players have decided to get Diggersby by leveling up Bunnelby, they will need to reach Level 20 to complete the evolution. Players can level up Bunnelby quickly through training, EXP Candy, or Affection, among other strategies.
Pokémon Sword & Shield are available for the Nintendo Switch.